About the role
Cloud Financial Operations & Management (FinOps) brings the operational and financial side of cloud computing together. Our FinOps team helps our customers to make efficient choices and let them use their cloud activities in an optimal way, by giving them insight in their cloud spend and advice on how to improve its efficiency. As the demand for FinOps is growing we are looking for new colleagues to help our customers get the best value from the cloud.
As Cloud FinOps Consultant, you are responsible for helping customers to run their workloads in the cloud in a cost effective and efficient manner. This includes, for example, analyzing cloud cost and usage, presenting findings and recommendations to the customers as well as operating FinOps activities within our managed services.
You will get the opportunity to learn more about the financial side of cloud computing and work with our FinOps consultants. As Cloud FinOps Consultant, you work with multiple teams both internal and external, and have contact with a diverse set of customers. Furthermore, you are playing a central role within the Xebia group in maintaining, developing, scaling, and operationalizing FinOps activities and best practices.
What we have to offer
If you skipped the general introduction on our careers page and proceeded straight to this vacancy, now would be a good time to check back and read up on why we think we are a great place to work.
The Cloud FinOps Consultant vacancy is a full time job. Furthermore, specifically for this role we offer the following:
- The ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment and interacting with different (global) internal and external stakeholders;
- A high level of autonomy in how you execute the job. We don’t have job profiles set in stone, so your proactivity, innovative view, and enthusiasm is encouraged and we like to see how you can add value!;
- Work side by side with the best cloud consultants and FinOps experts in the Dutch market, who have chosen the following core values: getting results, teamwork, innovation, integrity, and a strong focus on quality;
- As an independently functioning member of the Xebia group, we can offer you the combination of the facilities, knowledge sharing and growth opportunities that belong with being part of a large organization. On the other hand we still keep the close knit family feeling that has helped us get to where we are today;
- You’ll be amongst extremely talented colleagues, from whom you can learn everything about cloud computing and in particular AWS. Together with a personal training budget of €5k per year + 6 study days, you have the ability to have a steep learning curve.
Of course the bullet points listed above are quite generic. We will gladly make time to talk about your personal situation and see if we can add some benefits to the list.
Our world revolves around Public Cloud and FinOps, so we are looking for colleagues who share our passion for this technology and maybe already have some work experience in this field. As you will take responsibility for a lot of tasks around FinOps it is important that you have good communication and organizing skills, that you are someone that can build partnership relations, and that you are a problem solver.
When reading your profile and throughout our selection process we pay close attention to the following:
- How well do we fit together on a personal level? Not every great professional is necessarily a good match for our culture, values and way of working. This means we try to gain insight into your work and thought processes and really want to get to know “the person behind the profile”;
- Affinity with numbers is important within this role. It is a big plus if you have a business analytics or financial background;
- The level of knowledge about public cloud billing and related cost management tools;
- That you have experience/understanding of public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), their product portfolio and commercial models. Ideally of course AWS!;
- Required is fluent English (speaking and writing). Dutch is a plus;
- You serve a large portfolio of customers, both internal and external, and work with a customer centric mindset. You have experience and understanding to manage multiple stakeholders;
- Someone who’s a teamplayer, and has great communication and organizing skills;
- If you are experienced with the agile way of working.
Contact and applications
If we have managed to convince you that joining our team would be the right next step in your career, by all means get in touch with us via the contact form below. Of course we are also happy to answer any questions you might have. You can reach Karlijn Teunissen via [email protected] or 06-34377850.